Monday, March 30, 2015

Book Reviews by me

















I really thought, in the 6 weeks that I was home, I would have read more books.  But I couldn't get my head into it most days.   I did however, read quite a few books in the last few months.   I love to get recommendations from bloggers who love to read, so I figured I would share my recommendations.   I realize everyone's taste is different... But I do recommend each of these.

These are the books that I've read in the past few months and my thoughts.. I don't think I was disappointed with any of them, they were just slow in getting my attention, in some cases.




Cage Of Stars - Jacquelyn Mitchard 
Absolutely loved this book.   It kept me so intrigued, the whole time.  I read this pretty quickly; I was so anxious to know the ending, and equally surprised with it.

Family Affair - Debbie Macomber 
Such a cute, feel good book.   But,then, Debbie Macomber doesn't really write much that isn't.  I love her stories... and this one was pretty adorable.   It was actually a quick read, with only 102 pages.
I finished it in no time ... but enjoyed it.

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
I had high hopes for this book, after all the attention it got with the movie.  When I first started reading it, I was sure it was going to lose me.  I couldn't get into it.   I didn't get that warm, fuzzy feeling with this book.   I expressed my disappointment and several friends told me to stick it out.. so I did.  And I'm glad I did.  They were so right, about it getting better.  It did.   What a thriller.

Leaving Time - Jodi Picoult
Jodi is one of my favorite authors, so I knew I wanted to read this book.  It had those chapters, where you just wanted to skip over them, because it was just useless to read them.   They did pertain to the story, but I found them boring.   I was floored by the ending ... I hadn't seen it coming.  Not even a little bit.  I would love it if they made this one a movie.

The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult
I think I remember seeing this movie on Lifetime.  But I had never read the book, until recently.
It was a pretty suspenseful, law and order (ish) book.   Where you think you have it figured out and then realize you don't.   A good thriller, I thought.

The Girl Who Fell From The Sky - Heidi Durrow
Oh my gosh...    This one, I literally couldn't put down.   I took it everywhere with me!
It just "had me at hello"..


** What are you reading right now, or what have you read, that you suggest? **



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!