Friday, September 27, 2013

A great read for the kids!

I think almost every one of my followers has been blessed with the role of Mom!   So, I'd like to share with you, a wonderful children's book written by a very close and dear friend of mine.  I've known her since she was just a little girl.. ... I'm so proud of her.

The book is called Come Back Dear Sun and it's a fantastic read for kids of all ages!  It reminds me of my childhood and how we were always outside playing.  My parents didn't really allow us to hole up in the house and play video games or watch TV for hours on end.  Unfortunately, in current times, kids do just that.  There's not a lot of outside play and being active.    We loved playing jail break, tag, football....(we even used to put on plays in our back yard and invite the neighborhood kids)

I truly think that this book would encourage your kids to put down the game controllers, the TV remote, or is it the iPad and the tablet these days?  : )  

You can purchase this book at Amazon and I'll bet some libraries have even added it to their collection of GREAT books for children.    So, if you get a chance, check it out & let me know what you think.
 -   I may even do a giveaway in the next few weeks!  





2 comments:

  1. How cool your friend wrote a book! That is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing my book, Dawn! I can't tell you how much that means to me, especially in this day and age. I hope you all enjoy this story!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!