Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Good reads

You know how it is - You look something up on the internet and all of a sudden, you've got a plethora of websites and blogs and articles that resulted in your "keyword" search.   It can be a bad thing, if you're googling some crazy symptoms you're having. All of a sudden, you've self diagnosed with a hundred different conditions/diseases.  BUT, it's not always a bad thing; sometimes you find gems!

When Mom was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I was right on the computer, looking for information, naturally.  Regarding her particular diagnosis, type of breast cancer, treatments, all that jazz....

One of the best discoveries I made in my relentless searching, was this site....http://www.butdoctorihatepink.com/    - Fantastic reading, I tell ya!   The author's name is Ann Siberman.   She is witty, charming, brutally honest, candid, humorous, BRAVE... my list could go on and on.    Ann journals about her battle with Stage IV, metastatic breast cancer and she does it with such pizazz.   If I can say that.  She's so cute, I love her style and her attitude about life and cancer -   I read her bucket list and learned some interesting info from that as well, that has changed my views on a thing or two.  Hmmph!

I wish my mom had a computer so that she could keep up with Ann's journey as well.   I think she could learn a thing or two from her; I sure feel like I have.    

So, if you get a chance, check it out -  You won't be disappointed, I promise. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!