Friday, March 25, 2011

Nice and refreshed

We made our trip to Weber's last night with a quick stop at Walmart on the way home, so I could get some cleaning supplies. It was a fun trip as always, even if we were the only other car there. I guess I didn't realize it was going to be so cold last night! It was yummy and I enjoyed the outing with my niece, my sister and my madré. When I came home, I made my mom's favorite Marshmallow fluff cake (pics below) and cleaned the bathroom. I was so tired by 9:30, that I turned in for the night and couldn't believe I woke up at 4 a.m.! Yes, and I was wide awake.. so I can only assume that my body had enough rest. Needless to say, I didn't get up, I forced myself back to sleep until just about 9 am. What would I have done at 4 am? So, we're off to the doctor at noon for my mom and I'm hoping for nothing serious. She looks really bad; when I saw her last night, she is so thin and hardly ate her sandwich. : ( I'm sure we'll spend some time together after the appt and will probably grab dinner somewhere in that time before she has to head to work. Hope you all have a great weekend! Fingers crossed for WARM weather. I couldn't find a picture....
Here's the recipe:

You need:
1 box of Devil's Food Cake (bake according to instructions, for a layer cake)
2 small jars of Fluff
1 bag of shredded coconut

Let the cake cool and ice it just as you would a layer cake; covering the center with the Fluff AND the coconut.
Ice the rest of the cake and cover with remaining coconut.

I really slathered on the flakes but held it over the sink and brushed off a lot of the excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!