Friday, February 04, 2011

Busy Bee

That's me in a nutshell for today. I have so much to do and I've not found the ooomph to do it yet. I was wide awake at 7 a.m. since I went to bed so early but I refused to get up simply because it was my day off. So I woke up - AGAIN - at 10 and now I feel like I slept too long. Don't you just hate it when that happens. There is such a thing as too much sleep, I guess. I definitely have to clean the house today & get to the post office. My sister is going to let me know if she wants to do lunch; she's been dealing with a nasty cold and hasn't been able to taste anything. Whenever I get like that, I don't want to eat. What's the sense? I always recommend hot and sour soup to anyone who has a cold like that. I'm telling you, it really clears you out. We had a full house last night! My sister came over so I could print up a resumé for her, so we had dinner and visited a bit and then shortly after she left, my brother came over with his girlfriend to have their taxes done. I've been doing them for a few years now. If they only knew how easy Turbotax is to use! It basically walks you through it. I'm a little nervous this time though. His girlfriend's refund jumped like $1200 when I entered her 1098-T form. (She's a full time college student) Does anyone have any experience with this? If you do, please advise. I went over it like 3 more times and it seemed ok so I pray that it is. I don't want her getting audited or owing money. It just seemed so drastic. Good for her if it's right though. This was the first year I didn't do my own taxes - I actually filed with my husband. That was a change for me - I wasn't used to doing that. Wow. Sucks that we got less as a couple than I usually did single. I think it may have had something to do with his unemployment from last year. But it's just as well.. your tax refunds are always something to look forward to. We had big plans for ours to re-do our bathroom but we'll just do it bit by bit. No rush, really. Guess I better get off the computer and start on my housework so I can shower and be ready JUST IN CASE my sister decides she wants to go to lunch. I can't go looking like this... Trust me. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We are filing our taxes together for the first year too...Um, holy cow does that make a difference--in a bad way! :(

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!