Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday .. in the park


Not really, but sometimes I'm no so creative with titles for my posts. It's actually not a good day for the park; it's damp and chilly here. I think the rain has let up, even if it was just some drizzles. Today, we're having Jeff's brother come to look at our fireplace. We tried to fire it up the other day and had no luck. It's a gas fireplace so it's not actually burning wood. It's actually in the basement which was just about finished when the previous owners had a minor flood down there that obliterated the carpeting. Their sump pump wasn't working and since they'd never tested it, they had no idea. Pooey! So anyhoo, we're trying to get it up and running. Hopefully they can. And hopefully SOON. We're supposed to go to a pig roast today and I don't want to miss it because I've RSVP'd to two events with these particular friends and this will make number 2 that I haven't been to when I said I was coming. I don't like to do that because you know, after a while, people just stop inviting you to things. AND no, I am not eating the pig. With all this swine flu shit going around, I'm not taking any chances. My friends say that's not the case but please, it came from a pig to begin with, yes? I don't think I could consciously eat it anyway, even if it weren't a concern. I've never been to a pig roast so I just can't imagine pulling the pork off of that poor thing. Well, now I've got to go calm the dog down, because our "fireplace" friends have arrived and she's going nuts! Happy Saturday... Piggy updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!