Saturday, December 20, 2008

Super Saturday

Did you even know there was such a day? I sure didn't... but I hear that it's today.. and that it's the busiest shopping day of all year. Really? Even up against Black Friday? Wow.
Well, my mom and I did our annual Christmas shopping outing yesterday and it was a great day. No major problems... no minor ones either; come to think of it. I think I got everything I needed. I have one gift card to buy and then just have to grab some cash for my brother's card and that's it. Now I can sit down and decide what the heck I'm taking to the in-laws' house. I was thinking of getting one of those funfetti cake mixes and making that, since I'm in charge of one dessert and one appetizer.


I think that'll do the trick and it's so easy so I shouldn't be able to screw it up!
Otherwise, I'm making a yummy dip that I stole from someone else who stole it from....well, you know how it goes. It's so yummy.. I'll share it with you.

What you'll need:

- 1 jar salsa
- 1 package cream cheese (use any variety you like; fat free, neufchatel, etc..)
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese

1.) Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, not so much to a liquid consistency, but so that it's pretty good and soft.

2.) Mix in a half jar of salsa ... (more if you like it)

3.) Mix in the shredded cheese.

4.) Mix well, until all blended. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight .. and serve with tortilla chips.

I'm telling you, I have never served this and NOT ran out of it. It's that good!

Sorry, I didn't do the pics and everything.. But I'm no Pioneer Woman by any stretch of the imagination. She's my idol. = )

Ok, back to cleaning the homestead... TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!