Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hi I'm Dawn.... and I'm a... SLACKER!

I'm sorry blogger family, I've been so bad with keeping current with the blog posts. Major back up on the highway of life. Let's see.. where did I last leave off? For starters; Thanksgiving was nice. Very quiet and lowkey. I cooked and dinner consister of me, Jeff & my mom; with my brother and his girlfriend stopping by later for dessert. My younger sister is a nurse, so she worked.. and my other sister, I believe was moving... so she (I think) opted to skip it this year. If I must so say myself, everything turned out delish! I opted to cook the turkey in a bag this year and it turned out great. It definitely does cut the cooking time in half. I can remember as a kid, we would put the turkey in around 7 and we'd eat about 2 or 3. Well this year I put the bird in at 11 and it was done by 3:30(ish). Where were these oven bags all those years ago? While we're on the subject, I have this vivid memory (or memories) of Thanksgiving when we were teeny boppers: Deptford Skating Rink used to have all night skates (shut ins) which meant you went to the Skating Rink at 7 p.m. on Thanksgiving Eve and it ended at 7 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning! We used to love doing this... but my mom had no mercy. She had us up and helping with Thanksgiving dinner come hell or high water... and man, oh man, were we grumpy! Now that I think back, I'm really perturbed about that. Hmmmph! So anyhoo -- back to thisthanksgiving: it was nice and we have lots of leftovers .. but if I see another piece of turkey any time soon, I may scream. Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great. It's always nice to prepare such a feast and then sit down and share time with your family. Almost as nice as Christmas but Christmas is always so much more relaxed. I'm doing 2 dishes for Christmas this year ( for the in-laws)... I'm doing my famous (not made famous by me) dip and also a dessert. So if you've got an easy-not many ingredients-desserts for dummies- kind of recipe, then please enlighten me. I'm not the baker in the family... I'm a great cook (toot toot).. but I must have skipped the baking semester in Home Ec. I've got other things to update but I'll close here and then post some more later.. because this could get very lengthy!
Have a Happy Sunday -- Stay out of the rain.

1 comment:

  1. glad that you had a nice thanksgiving. i was thinking the other day and remembering when renee and i would be upstairs in her room tracing our hands to make turkeys and then cutting out construction paper for feathers=)

    an easy desert that everyone will love and can't resist-
    Recipe for GOLDEN GRAHAMS S'MORES -
    Ingredients:
    3/4 c. light corn syrup
    3 tbsp. butter
    1 (11.5 oz.) pkg. milk chocolate chips
    1 tsp. vanilla
    9 c. Golden Grahams cereal (one 12 oz. box)
    3 c. miniature marshmallows
    Preparation Instructions:
    Grease 9x13x2 inch rectangular pan. Heat corn syrup, butter and chocolate chips to boiling in 3-quart saucepan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal in large bowl; toss until completely coated with chocolate. Fold in marshmallows, 1 cup at a time. Press mixture evenly in pan with buttered back of spoon. Let stand until firm, at least 1 hour. Cut into 2-inch squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature no longer than 2 days. 24 squares.
    MICROWAVE: Prepare as directed except--microwave corn syrup, butter and chocolate chips in 4-cup microwavable measure or medium, clear microwavable bowl uncovered on medium-high (70%) 1 1/2 minutes; stir until almost smooth. Microwave uncovered until large bubbles form on surface, about 2 1/2 minutes longer; stir in vanilla.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!