Sunday, October 05, 2008

All that glitters... is GOLD!

I was sitting here at work this afternoon, unsuccessfully trying to un-knot my Helzberg "D" necklace... and a co-worker came by with a couple hints on how to untangle it. Then he goes on to tell me that his wife took some old GOLD jewelry out 'o the jewelry box this weekend to see what she could get for it. He said she had a couple of old tangled necklaces, maybe a broken bracelet and a ring. He said she seriously ended up getting $275 back! Who woulda 'thunk' it.
I think that's crazy! I have to get home and see what I have that I plan on NEVER wearing.. again.. I know there has to be something in that old box. Especially since I wear strictly silver or white gold.
Of course there are a few things I wouldn't dare sell, like "firsts" etc..because you just can't part with things like that. Or at least I can't.

Evidently, dealers/jewelers are paying TOP dollar for Gold these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!