Monday, January 28, 2008

Bittersweet

Bday


Today my dad came home from the hospital. He says he feels good; he looks great, and he's got all his meds the doctor prescribed. All 4 of them! Whew!

We took a cake over after dinner, his favorite: Strawberry Shortcake! It was so nice to see him home where he's comfortable, relaxing and watching TV.

When it came time to put the candles on the cake and sing; it was such an emotional event. Just 4 days ago, he had a heart attack - we're so thankful that he was here for this birthday. It goes to show that you never really know. We're encouraged to live life fully and never leave til tomorrow the words and actions that you want to express today. I think I'm one of those people who takes for granted that people know how I feel, but I can't think like that. My dad and I were close when I was little but then for some reason, as I got older, I leaned more toward my mom. It never meant that I loved my dad any less. I just lost that connection, I thought, somewhere along the way. I often pray that my dad knows how much I love him, and I think he does, but I wish I was better at saying it. I don't even know the last time I hugged or kissed my dad, I know it was years ago.... and I know if you're reading this, you're probably thinking "wow!" ... but don't judge me based on that.

It's something I need to work on, and I accept that. So my advice to you: Love with all your heart, live with all your might. Make sure that those you love,know it.


one more day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!