Thursday, August 09, 2007

Priorities - (or not)

I titled it "Priorities" but once again, that is my opinion. I'm so irritated right now and maybe I don't have any right to be, but things really get to the heart of me sometimes.
So, here's the deal: I'm walking in an event in September to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma - I put up a poster at work and sent email. The response I've received has been way less than desirable. While I've had a couple people in our corporate office ask to sponsor me; no one in my immediate office has asked me about it or said that they'd like to contribute. {I didn't directly ask people because it seems to put people on the spot.}
Then the other day, I see that another co-worker posted a (mind you, much smaller) poster on the same board announcing a raffle in which you can win either a brand new car or opt for the cash value instead. So now, everyone's running around getting their money together.
I know of, so far, at least 2 groups of 5 people who are each putting $20 towards the cost of the $100 ticket. This to me is just frustrating... that people are so hung up on something that will benefit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!