Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dr's

So I went to the dr tonight for what was my follow up blood pressure check and to discuss my blood work results.. Turns out that my triglycerides are elevated, but not extremely, and my cholesterol is said to be beyond excellent. That was what really shocked me the most.. She said it was really good.. I thought for sure she would say that my cholesterol and sugars and triglycerides were sky high but I was pleased that it wasn't quite what I had expected.

So as far as the triglycerides; I have to lose weight. I am really overweight and I need to lose at least 30 lbs to be where I should be for my frame/age etc.. The doctor says that she wants to see me again in 3 months and that my goal is to lose minimum 5 lbs. I would hope I can lose more than that but she is asking for less. I have been exercising more and watching what I eat more often but to be honest; I have not put forth a really big effort, so I know that I need to do that now. The triglycerides are what factors in when it comes to heart disease etc...
I'm already out of breath when I'm climbing the stairs or even just moving a lot. I come in from my car and once I get up the flight of steps and into the house I am huffin' and puffin'.. so that alone is a sign that I'm way out of shape and that means that my heart works harder.
I'm thinking I'll probably go back to Weight Watchers - My Dr. even suggested that.. and I know that it really works! I did it a few months back and it was really great. I lost about 6 lbs in the first 2 weeks - most of which was water weight initially - but it was a start. I felt better and I was sure that I'd started to look better... So I'm going to incorporate WW into my lifestyle change and also get the exercise going more often. I have a gym membership that I don't even use! So wish me luck - Stay tuned for a follow up post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!