Sunday, July 29, 2007

Our trip .....

Although it was short, I think it's safe to say that we had a nice little trip. We headed down to Ocean City on Friday afternoon around 2. Of course; Jeff was in a tizzy because I had not even packed by the time he got home from work. And yes; I had the whole morning to do it! Why sweat the small stuff right?? So anyway, we headed out and got there about dinner time, if I remember correctly. Got a little settled and we ended up at a place in Somers Point called The Inlet. This place was great! I'm a big fan of places that offer deck-dining. This place was really nice.. we were on the water so it was a beautiful setting. The food was excellent and presentation was a big thing for them! I really enjoyed myself; I think we all did. If you know the area and you're looking for a nice place to have a light bite and some cocktails (or soft drinks) .. I really recommend this place. They do have a website - but it's down right now. Or it says "under construction" ... So I'll post it anyway and maybe you can check it out at a later date. If you want a nicer, fuller meal; they also have an inside dining area and an upper deck where the menu has a fuller array of fare on it. There's a dock-side ramp that most people pull up to and can walk right up to the restaurant so it was nice to see all the boats/yachts. This one yacht pulled up and docked - It was a Pershing 50 or something like that. There were people standing at the railing drooling over this thing!! I mean, it was nice, for sure but I'm sure I've seen bigger. LOL - Now I'm on a mission to find it on the net and see how much it goes for!


We headed to AC the next morning and tried our hand at different slots and the money wheel. I really like that, but I tend to get a little over zealous and can't seem to walk away.. I'm one of theose "just one more time" people. We spent a good portion of our day in Atlantic City - topping it off with lunch at the ever famous "Irish Pub". It was nice and greasy! Typical bar food I guess. Jeff got a couple of T-Shirts from there. Walked the boards a little, walked past the game/ride pier and took in some of the sites.. (some good - some bad - some really bad)

Then after leaving AC we decided to stop at the campground where my cousin and her family stay for the season - We were there til 10 so that kinda had me irritated because I really wanted to be home no later than 7 p.m. since I work at 8 a.m. on Sundays and had some things I wanted to do at the house before settling in for the night.

SO all in all, it was a nice time.

http://www.inletrestaurantnj.com/
http://www.theirishpub.com/

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a great time-dan and i could use a getaway=) when do you want to do a play date?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!