Saturday, March 23, 2019

Is this thing still on?

I've really missed blogging.  I miss writing, in general.  I miss a lot of things.   I haven't picked up a book in a while either.  I need to get back to those things.
Last time I even posted, it was about up and coming things I was getting involved with.  One of those things: I became a certified bereavement minister.    Last Fall, was the first group I facilitated and it went pretty well.   We're already in the swing of things, with the Spring group now.    I have more people attending this time, and although I haven't asked for it, I've gotten really positive feedback from the group.  They all look forward to coming back.  I can't wave a magic wand and fix all their broken hearts, but I'm there to listen and help them along their grief journey.   It's been rewarding and emotionally taxing at times.  But I honestly really love being able to hold these meetings and offer grieving folks a safe place to come to.   I try to keep the conversations going but sometimes there's silence.  Truth is, that silence is ok.    I do try to find helpful handouts, and videos, to mix things up.   Some groups are a little more structured than mine, in that they use a workbook and have weekly assingnments. I like to keep my group a little more open and loose, because I realize that not everyone can make EVERY meeting.   I want them to have the flexibility of coming in and not feeling like they have to catch up.  I feel like this is what I was called to do - and I often wondered what my purpose was.  This ministry is so important and I am glad I can be a part of it.


1 comment:

  1. Business Phone Service can be as simple as a single phone line on up to the use of T1's or other types of circuits to handle higher call volume. Depending on the nature of the business and the expected call volume, phone service for business can become quite complex and require the use of more sophisticated solutions to deliver phone service.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!