Wednesday, September 28, 2016

ARC reviews ~ My NetGalley picks


I've started to expand my reading horizons a bit, by choosing genres that I normally wouldn't.   Thanks to NetGalley, I've been able to do that.    The last 2 books that I requested to read, were from Mystery & Thrillers: The Girl Before  and YA {young adult}: - The 100 lies of Lizzie Lovett  

Both of these, I would definitely give the thumbs up.   I like to keep my reviews short and to the point.  I'm not going to tell the whole story.  The idea is for me to tell you what I thought and whether I'd recommend it.
I like to see reviews that do the same thing.    Sooo...



The Girl Before - JP Delaney

Image result for the girl before jp delaney

Loved it.  This book seriously started to mess with my mind, in a good, intriguing way.  It made me answer questions that I never really contemplated.   Somehow, there was every single human emotion in this book.  Just when I thought I had it all figured out, I realized I didn't.   At all.  The author didn't disappoint when it came to description and detail.  Woo!  Some of it made me blush a little ~    I would say give it a whirl, especially if you're into the thriller & mystery books.   Amazon tags it:  In the tradition of The Girl on the Train, The Silent Wife, and Gone Girl.     So, yeah.     This book comes out on 01/24 , and I highly recommend it, folks.  You'll be as curious and anxious as I was.

The Hundred lies of Lizzie Lovett  - Chelsea Sedoti
Image result for the 1000 lies of lizzie












This book was pretty good too.    I thought it was written well and it kept my attention.  I wasn't bored; in fact I was pretty curious to see how it was going to end, so I was reading it at work and at home.  It was cute, mysterious, dramatic, and in ways, and even a little familiar. It looks like this was the author's debut book, and I think she did pretty well.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!