Friday, July 31, 2015

Summer Hydration

In the summer months, I'm usually a fanatic about staying hydrated.  It's so easy to get caught up enjoying the outdoors and forgetting about getting plenty of fluids.
 I'm not a water drinker, at all, but when the heat hits, I'm so afraid of dehydration.  This is one of my concerns when my husband goes to work during these months.  He's a welder and the shop is not air conditioned.    I'm always reminding him to stay hydrated.      It's important to note, however, that our bodies can face dehydration, in ANY season.  In fact, almost every time I have my annual labs done, my levels show that I am slightly dehydrated.  I really don't get enough of the electrolytes that I need because I don't drink enough water.
When I qualified for the DripDrop mission, with Smiley.com, I was really eager to see what it was all about, BUT really anxious to try it out.    It was convenient, in little thin packets, and easy to prepare: One packet per 8 ounces of water.   I found it was a good idea to keep some 8 ounce bottled waters on hand, so there was no measuring or wondering.  What is it?  DripDrop is a medical grade hydration powder, used by athletes, military personnel, seniors, etc, and it's a great hydration tool for anyone who has come down with a stomach bug or virus, where you would normally lose electrolytes and have to replenish.  It works 2-3 times faster than most remedies and clinical studies have showed that it works 34% better than water alone.   DripDrop comes in two flavors (at least for right now) Berry and Lemon.  
I actually liked both, but favored the Berry.  

I tried a couple of packets, while we were doing yard work and spending time outside, but gave the rest to my husband to take to work.    He comes home, some days, with aches and pains and will say that his urine was really dark.  I know that these are tell tale signs of dehydration.  I think this is a fantastic product and I'm really pleased with the convenience, as well as the taste.  I'm not the kind of person that will just try anything that is touted as the latest craze in the way of supplements, beverages, etc.  No matter what the claims and reviews are.  But I have to say that I was a little more interested in this product, initially, because it seemed like a genuine, tried and true product.  What really grabbed my attention was that DripDrop was created by a Mayo Clinic trained physician.   I'm already planning to purchase more DripDrop at my local CVS, so that we can have it on hand at home.   I love this product and I'm comfortable using it because of what I've learned about it.  There's so much more I could say, and much more information that I could share, but the website is really wonderful and covers it all.    Check it out here:   DripDrop    


** DISCLAIMER:  I received FREE samples of DripDrop from Smiley.com, for testing and reviewing. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!