Monday, January 31, 2011

February already?

I can't believe it's February already but I'm so happy because I love HEARTS! Anything cutesy and heartsy and Valentine's day related! The husband isn't into the girlie Valentine's décor so I haven't gotten too carried away with it. I love using our front window (bow windows display things so well) to put decorations in, so I just put two hanging hearts in it and the candles light it up nicely. I will add some more things to the house, when he's not looking. haha In other news, things have been status quo here. Not much new and exciting to report. I'm still cursing this nasty WHITE stuff that we have on our lawn and all over the streets & now I hear that we may be getting MORE? I hope not. YUCK. We did an overnight in A.C. for my sister's birthday and that was a great time. We had a light dinner with lots of laughs, some entertainment at the karaoke bar and finished up early with some dancing. It was a nice time away with just the girls. Then I had a great time last week with my niece. She slept over because my sister had to work overnight and I loved having her here. I always do! We watched some iCarly, played some educational games on PBSkids(dotcom) and then I tucked her in and read her Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty. She loves the story of Rapunzel so she was thrilled that it was in the story book. She's already asked me to read it to her again when she comes over. My sister bought me the Grimm's Fairytales book about 7 years ago. She inscribed the inside cover and wrote that I could read it to her future nieces or nephews... Ironically, I'm reading it to my niece. I wouldn't have it any other way. Being an aunt is so rewarding and makes my heart so happy and very full. We had a great time together and I got her off to school in the morning. I would've preferred to spend the whole day with her but I wouldn't have been a very good aunt if we played hooky and I'd kept her home. She loves school too much anyway. I'm looking forward to the weekend and spending some time with friends that I haven't seen in a while. Game night always rocks & then Sunday we're off to a Super Bowl party. While I'm not a football fan, I still like to socialize and enjoy yummy snacks! Tomorrow night I've got plans for a dinner/movie date with my good friend Stephanie.. Not sure what we're seeing but I'm leaning towards Black Swan. I hope she concurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!