Sunday, August 09, 2009

What the...

I've heard time and time again, that buying a home is not fun. In that, it very rarely is a smooth ride from start to finish. We started our home buying journey with that attitude, I guess you could say. Not entirely but we had the thought in our minds. Well, I can tell you now that our journey has really just begun and it has been nothing short of a nightmare so far. At times, I sit back and really reflect on whether it has been so bad or if I'm making it out to be more than it is. Truth is, it feels like were dealt a really shitty hand BUT at the same time, we were tremendously blessed. I know that doesn't seem to make sense but it does. We were disappointed with not being able to buy this house after all but we felt like there was a reason we ended up renting it first, under no obligation.. because it got us in the door and all of the problems with it came right to the surface. I can't thank God enough for that. Now, we're basically going to walk right away from it. We've learned a big lesson, of course, and we'll take that with us, but I feel so fortunate .. even though I feel like my life's been a little turned around.
I've always said I'm the person who sees the positive in the negative. Here I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!