Wednesday, May 06, 2009

May is here already



Good grief .. I can't believe how time is flying by. Wedding planning is coming along, I guess. So much to do still. This rain has been non-stop lately and has got everyone down. I wish it would just stop already.. yuck. It feels like we're living in Washington State or wherever it is that it rains for weeks or months straight. I think it's there. I'm back on the wagon with the whole eating better, losing weight goal. I seriously need to lose 20 lbs and if I can do it by the time I get married, that will be wonderful! I'm very motivated right now.. my sister and I have been walking every night... and we're going the distance too. Once you get into it, you just keep going and don't realize, at first, how far you've gone. It's great! Such an adrenaline rush. I don't see any results as of yet but it's too early. I'm going to join Weight Watchers this Friday, as I've done twice in the past already. It's a wonderful way to lose weight and really stick with it. I really liked it when I joined before. The results are there. I think it's so much more effective with Weight Watchers because you know that you're going to have to get on that scale each week and you're not going to want to see that you've gone up in pounds, ONLY down. Once you've started with it and see the results and get your little "achievement" stickers, you're committed. In addition to walking, I've started doing crunches at night before bed too ...OUCH! I'll get used to it. I need to. I just hate the way I feel anymore. I hate seeing my body and I hate getting out of breath when I walk up a flight of stairs, HATE the guilt I have after I eat something I know I shouldn't have. Just done with all of it!!
And just to put a little more fire under my ass, I'm going to put a weight loss ticker on here - just to keep me focused. Well, and to share my progress with you of course. I have no problem telling anyone that I weigh 180 lbs and I should be about 150. I don't want to be a hiefer at my wedding ... but more importantly I want to be healthy.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Dawn! Sometimes it's the littlest things that make the biggest difference. You may not realize it at first but those little changes will shine through soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!