Sunday, April 26, 2009

We the jury

I finally served. And you know what? I'm glad I did. I think at least 85% of people who get the notice for jury duty in the mail, cringe. I didn't. I really wanted to do it. Isn't that odd?! So last Tuesday, there I was "reporting for jury duty" with a bazillion other Camden County-ers and I actually was picked to serve one of the juries. It was not as bad as most people make it out to be. I seriously felt like I had to be the ONLY person sitting there who, on the inside, was happy about it. I guess I'm a dork. Ours was just a civil case, (even though I was secretly hoping for a criminal case), and it lasted 3 days. So I ended up having a sort of 'vacation' because I was out 3 days at work and then my regular days off followed and that made for 5 full days of not reporting to the office. The court that I had to report to was literally (less than) 10 minutes from my home so that was a nice change in the morning last week too. Being that my normal commute to and from work is 30 minutes. I believe the law is that you only have to serve every 3 years so I guess I'm done for a while. But yes, all in all, it was a really neat experience.. I had no idea what to expect but it was just like Law & Order!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
In other news, I've been way behind on my posting lately. Time to update the Wedding Blog too. Sorry if anyone has tried to read it and it was not there. I had to change the URL and when I did, I guess it didn't update on my front page. It's fixed now and I also even put a link to it on this blog on the left side ( I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!