Sunday, April 05, 2009

Looking for that sun ...

What's that thing about 'when it rains, it pours'. I feel kinda like that. I never wanted this blog to have a Dear Abby theme but that's what it feels like lately. I have the oddest tug of war going on with my emotions right now. On one hand I'm all happy-go-lucky, in the throes of planning my wedding. (Our wedding). Then there's the mess that is my family life. I'm really thinking of sitting down tonight and writing a letter to EVERYONE. Meaning everyone in my immediate family. Telling them how I feel about the state of our family and how disgusted I am that everyone allowed it to fall away to shit. And how we better all pick ourselves up off the ground or step down from whatever high horses we're on and start to repair the relationships that have been severed. I see other peoples' blogs or just people in my life and I see so stability and closeness - I envy that. I know that all families are not perfect and just because I see something so desirable on the outside, I do realize that you don't always see what goes on inside. But as for my family, I just want a little bit of normalcy. I want everyone to be in touch and I don't want hard feelings between people. Hell, if there is something that is keeping someone away from the family then lay it out on the table. I have a sister who is estranged. I have a brother whom does not speak to my stepmother and RARELY speaks to my father. My two sisters have not spoken in months.... And all the while I'm trying to devise a way to get this all fixed. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to get everyone together and put the pieces back together BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)


Jesus' own instructions were for the offended to go to the offender and for the two of them to find a way to reconcile their differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!