Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pieces of me (not for the faint of heart)

It's a little known fact (for most of you at least) but I must tell you .. I'm quite a horror movie buff. Yes, it's true. I love to be scared out of my pants. When it comes to movies - I enjoy a good ol' chick flick as much as the next gal, but my favorite genre is definitely Horror. I love drama & love stories almost equally as much but not quite. In addition to the umpteen other horror movies I've got under my belt, I have seen all but the last Saw movie, all of Texas Chainsaws, all but one of the Friday the 13th movies, The Strangers, The Ring, Shutter.... and my favorite movie of all time is Halloween. (all except Season of the Witch, which had nothing to do with Michael Myers actually.) And I even have a Michael Myers doll, a collector's VHS and I even have a Michael Myers scene-from-the-movie 'blood' globe (as opposed to a snow globe, because.. well, it doesn't have pretty snow-like stuff floating in it when you shake it.) Figure it out yet?
So at this point you're probably wondering why I'm posting this in January instead of October when it would be more in tune with the season. Fact is, I'm doing a Movie/Dinner night tomorrow night with my 'horror-movie-side-kick'. Yep, she's just as weird as me! heehee.. We're going to see My Bloody Valentine, which apparently is in 3-D! Wow - can't wait for that. I'd be willing to bet that most people would be surprised with this little bit of Dawnology. Hey, I'm not saying that when I leave the theatre, I'm not driving down the road looking in my rearview mirror, checking out the backseat, making sure my doors are locked, etc etc..
So, dare I update with a movie review...?? Maybe you'll wanna see it too?? = )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!