Sunday, January 04, 2009

Fare thee well 2008

What a year it was. I pray that 2009 is a glorious year full of many happy memories, lots of good times with friends and family alike and just happiness all around. Last year (2008) was one of many challenges/tribulations. Although there were several happy(?) memories in there as well.
Let's recap, shall we?
º After an awesome personal Faith journey, I made my confirmation.
º Dad had a heart attack.
º Sister #1 finalized her divorce.
º Jeff and I celebrated our 8th year.
º My brother graduated high school.
º My brother was "kicked out" of my dad/stepmom's home.
º Sister #2 finalized her divorce.
º Dad is diagnosed with COPD, PVD, Lupus....
º My niece (all year long) continued to be a source of joy for all of us.
º I dealt with a private personal struggle with someone I love.
º Made lots of new memories with my friends ... (crazy memories with my sister!)

Yes, I know.... boo-hoo. But hey, isn't this my blog? Ok, thought so.
Just kidding... (sorta).



Um, Well, that's just what I remember as of this very moment... I know there were other pros and cons in '08, but for now, that's what I can conjure up in this cloudy mind of mine. I know that the negative events in 2008 were just tests presented to us by God and I'm confident in saying that we perservered through them... with the motto that "if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it". I have every expectation that 2009 is going to be a great new year. Much of it will be at my own hand.. as I prepare to accomplish some long-attempted goals. I do sit back and reflect on life's blessings.. big & small. I have so much I want to do this year .. but I'm apprehensive about making a list of resolutions. They're made to be broken I think... I'd rather call it Life Goals or something more substantial so that I feel more inclined to see them through. Life goals, yeah.. that sounds really forceful. My next post will be my "list".. so stay tuned. Happy New Year to all my friends & family. I hope that this year is one of many happy days. I pray that God continues to keep us all close or if we've strayed I hope that He can help us to come together again. Life is short and so very unpredictable... so let's live it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!