Sunday, November 09, 2008

Trying to keep up

Wow, life is just ever so busy. I've been putting a lot of energy into the food drive and I'm happy to report that it's coming together rather nicely. I think we have 5 families lined up so far. That's a good start. Oy, work is crazy. I just finished 12 days straight last Thursday... only to have off Friday and start back in on Saturday .. working through to this Thursday! I guess in the end, it's nice to have the overtime but somewhere along the way my sanity started to get away from me. Wait, that's right, I lost that a long time ago! Anyhoo - my week is every busy again this week but mostly in good ways. Monday and Weds are school nights of course, Tuesday I have plans for dinner with a friend and Thursday folks I am high tailing it out of town! I'm leaving work at 2 p.m. and heading to A.C. with my side-kick. (my sister).. We haven't had one of our overnight getaways in A.C. for a while so we're in much need of it. We're actually going with a "close friend of the family". I say that because we've known her since we were tots (now we're fully grown tarts!).. and she's been a lot of things to us over the years. She's been very motherly but within boundaries, she's been a confidant, a friend, a relative. She's in her 70's or early 80's .. and it's her birthday so we're taking her to A.C.(her idea) and taking her to dinner etc... (before we head out on our own for the evening). It's always a nice time when we go. Much fun to be had. I'm very grateful for friends and family and the memories we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!