Sunday, March 16, 2008

Making Strides

I just created a team on the Making Strides site... For Cystic Fibrosis.
Please join me, and sign up to be walker, or prayerfully consider making a donation.

As you've read before, I've been keeping up with this blog:
(http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/) and one of the latest posts Nate made was about the Making Strides Walk. I'm always looking for a way to raise awareness, whether through literature or "walks" like this one.

I want to do my part for CF this way. I've created the team name under 65 More Roses... in honor of Tricia, who I don't even know personally, but feel as if I do.
(Please note: I'm awaiting permission from Nate, before I confirm that as the team name... so it may in fact change. If you're registered as a walker, you will be notified of the name change.)


I hope to get a lot of involvement from all my friends and family. I tried this with the Leukemia and Lymphoma walk last year and only got literally ONE registered walker who actually showed up and/or raised money. A bit discouraging but I'm not one to give up.

Here is the link to my page:

http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=5464&idUser=232456

3 comments:

  1. Dawn...the phrase "65 Roses" is universally used by CFer's, so you can use it all you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dawn-i'd love to join your team. what do i do? do i raise money as well? i was a bit confused with the website. let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!