Sunday, July 05, 2009

Post #200

Wow.. I've blogged 200 times? I only know this because last time I posted an entry, it was number 199. I don't think I've really ever paid attention to the #'s next to the entries. In any case, that's pretty cool. So much for my big plan to blog the other night. I was all set to sit down at the computer and blog my little hands off but it just didn't happen that way. I suddenly had a case of writer's block. Yuck. Hard to imagine me with writer's block. Almost as hard as imagining me "speechless". Never happens; trust me. So, Fourth of July weekend was/has been pretty nice. We went to a friend's BBQ on Saturday and had a nice time.... there was lots of yummy food. I baked Peanut Butter Kandy Kake and also made some dip. The cake is always a huge hit and it is so good. It truly does, if you make it right, taste just like the Tastykake Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes. Love them! I'm going to post the recipe a little later. Super easy .. and you will not be disappointed. If you like this sort of dessert. My Dad & step mom are having a small cookout today but I'm working so I may just stop by afterwards. I have to see how I feel because I came home last night with a crazy migraine and woke up today with a slight one. I never used to get migraines but when I do, I attribute them to food and drink usually. Last night I had some Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegranate and I totally think that's what did it. I can usually pin point it AFTER THE FACT. Oh well... it'll go away. It was hell trying to sleep last night though. I was so nauseous! I'm having some hot tea right now so maybe the caffeine will do the trick. I really don't like to take anything.. ie, ibuprofen, aspirin. The only thing I really put in my body is vitamins -- and that's even not very often. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Fourth Of July Weekend.. with family & friends. After all, that's the best way to spend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for YOUR thoughts on MY thoughts! Happy reading!